Being an alumnus or alumna of Durham University and St Mary’s College brings a wealth of benefits. As well as being amongst the most sought after graduates in the work place, the University and College offer practical benefits which you may not already be aware of.
- The Society organises reunions annually, as well as local reunions.
- The Society can assist you contact fellow members here.
- The Society sends out newsletters about the college annually (as well as a supplement every Christmas).
- The college will assist with any informal visits you may wish to make to the college. You can find more information here.
- The college runs many events which graduates are welcome to. These will usually be promoted via email. Examples include the Garden Party and various art exhibitions.
- The JCR has been generous in recent years in working with the Society to make Mary’s Day as accessible as possible for visiting graduates. Where there is not the opportunity to attend a specific part due to restrictions (such as the evening formal), the Society will do its best to provide an alternative.
- The Society provides many forums in which to keep in touch with fellow members electronically. You can join us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and the forums on this website.
- The Society is a powerful tool for networking. By attending events and reunions, joining us online, and keeping in touch, you are able to meet a variety of alumni from different fields with a depth of experience. The Society is continuing to develop networking opportunities.
- You can access free academic articles on JSTOR online. Just click here.
- Get a free email forwarding address. This offers a professional email address which can be used for professional purposes, and shows you are an alumni of Durham University. Just click here.
- Membership of the Dunelm Society. The Dunelm Society is the university alumni group which organises a range of events including the Annual Dinner which is currently held in London. More information here.
- The Alumni Relations Office can help you find friends. Whilst St Mary’s College Society can assist you in finding college friends, the Alumni Relations Office can help you find Durham friends from other colleges. More information here.
- New graduates can find professional graduation photos online here.
- Durham First is a magazine published twice a year about the latest Durham University news. You can view it online or via post. To set your preferences, go here.
- Newswire is your monthly news email from the Alumni Office. It contains University, Departmental and College news. To supply stories or to amend your contact details, go here.
- Durham University and the Dunelm Society organise many events, talks, networking opportunities etc. For a full list of events, see here.